Followers

Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Tutorial - Post-It Note Holder

Tutorial Wednesday at Bugaboo's Catch the Bug Challenge blog and it is my turn to give one, so here goes.    I was given this lovely post it note holder from a dear friend who for no reason, just because she wanted to, gave it to me. I treasure it  and  I thought what a nice thing give someone just for that same reason, so I decided to make one . I thought it would not be fair to copy her design (which I love) and went  with a  similar version of my own.  The main thing to remember is the insert must be THIN! The following are my specks.  
Inspiration by  J. Batty
       



                           Post-It- Note Holder
   Supplies/Tools
  • photo frame holder
  • paper cutter
  • cardstock
  • designer Paper
  • die
  • image    
  • double sided tape 
  • colouring tools
  • posit-it/sticky note pad

      Instructions            
  •  obtain one  photo frame holder 6" x 4"- There are many to choose, this was my choice.

  1.  Cut a 6" x 4" piece of cardstock and a 5 3/4" x 3 3/4"  piece of designer paper 

      2.  Cut a 2 3/4' x 2 3/4 frame for the image from
            cardstock: 
                     I used a Spellbinders die cut  called
                     'Fleur de Lis Square' ,or use any die
                      of your choice with similar dimensions 


    3. Inner image   2" x 2"   
        I used Beautiful Blocks  -   Life   a Bugaboo image  
       You can use digital or rubber/clear stamps
  •  colouring  -  Prismacolor markers Spring Green, Leaf green and Chartreuse
  
   4.  adhere:  designer paper to the 6" x 4" cardstock,
        image to the die cut border, all to the designer  paper        
                          


    5. Insert into the frame holder


   6. Adhere post-it note pad to outside of the frame holder

                                           You are Done!

Challenges:
1. Artistic Inspiration: #168 ATG
2. Crafting from the Heart: #138:Always ATG
3. Craft Your Passions:#340 ATG
4. Love to Scrap: #90 ATG
5. Love to Craft: #4November ATG
6. The Paper Nest Dolls:Challenge 11 ATG
7. Brown Sugar Challenge: #226 ATG

9 comments:

  1. I love this Glenda...what a wonderful idea!!! I have made some post-it note holders before but not like this...I sure like this one and may make a couple for my son's teachers for Christmas presents for their desk!!
    Hugs,
    Lynn aka Lynnpenguin GD at Bugaboo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice and a great idea for Christmas gifts. Quick and easy and very useful. I made these for Girl Scout leaders a couple years ago but they'd make great teacher gifts too. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is super!!!! I made one years ago but used the clear acrylic frames. I've never seen a photo frame like this....where did you get it? Hummmm....see some little gifts in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That really is such a sweet gesture - not to be questioned but enjoyed. Obviously a good friend. And I love your take on it as well. I've only seen the see through frames - not ones like yours - but still delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome
    Thanks for sharing at Brown Sugar Challenges x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What great projects that anyone would find so useful and cute! Thanks for your entry into our anything goes challenge at Love To Scrap.

    ReplyDelete
  7. very nice. Thanks for joining us at Artistic Inspirations Challenge Blog.
    Bye, Groetjes van Ine (DT)
    http://creaine-cards.blogspot.nl/

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fab idea.
    Thanks for joining us at Craft your passion challenges this week.
    Happy crafting!
    Catherine X DT

    ReplyDelete