Followers

Monday, October 15, 2018

Crafty Cardmakers Challenge #220 Fairies and Mythical Creatures


Welcome to another challenge at Crafty Cardmakers and Jackie is hosting today's challenge.

The theme of this weeks challenge is 'Fairies or other Mythical Creatures'.  As usual, anything you care to enter is fine, a card, scrap layout, mixed media piece,  some home decor as long as it meets the fairies or other mythical creatures theme.

I decided to use this lovely digital stamp Fairy Child by Morgan Fitzsimmons.  Beautiful stamp and great to colour. The background paper is from a stamp pad titled  Razzell Dazzle I bought at Michaels about a year ago. The flower accessory is from my stash and the image was coloured with Spectrum Noir markers except for the flesh where I used Copics. I printed the stamp out twice, coloured and fussy cut the small digital image flowers from one image and overlayed them on the other.

It has been cold and miserable here in my part of Alberta,  this after a summer that was either really hot, with a sky completely covered with forest fire smoke from BC, or raining. I played horseshoes this summer at our family reunion in Montana USA under a sweltering 109-degree Fahrenheit temperature. All I could think of was cool-cold weather. Now I am complaining of that, so I guess there is no pleasing me šŸ˜Š

Have a great week!

Winner of Challenge at The Fairy and the Unicorn

Challenges
1. A Gem of a Challenge: ATG #228
2. Crafty Friends: #94 Use More than One Die (I used 3 oval dies and letter dies for the sentiment)
3. The Fairy and the Unicorn: October Challenge     WON
4. Colour Crazy Craft Challenge: ATG colouring
5. Crafty Catz Weekly Challenge #443 ATG option of Anything but square
6. Creative Fingers ATG Challenge # 153
7. Polkadoodles ATG Wk 41
8. QKR Stampede #317 ATG


12 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous purple card, Glenda! I love that color. Your fairy is adorable and so perfectly colored. I am the same way with summer and winter. I hate the heat but when it's gone I wish it were back. It's chilly here and we have had a fore going but I haven't turned on the heat yet so it can't be too bad. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Glenda and loving your choice of colours too. Happy creative week, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful card! Love the purple and sweet image. Thank you for sharing with us at Polkadoodles Crafting https://polkadoodle.blogspot.com/, good luck and I hope you will join us again.
    Hugs
    Gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an adorable image, beautiful card too. Thanks so much for sharing with us over at A Gem of a Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, she is really pretty. All the purple is just perfect for her. And we too just seemed to hit winter out of nowhere.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful. I love the design and the pretty colours. Judy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card and thanks for sharing dont forget our DT call
    AuntySue

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sweetest image ever. Your coloring, background paper and little flower embellishment are all excellent. Thanks for joining us at QKR Stampede this week. DT Kathy [https://myasperations.blogspot.com]

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow this is just so beautiful and your image is adorable. Thank you for sharing your beautiful make with us over at Polkadoodles Crafting and hope you will join us again. Take care,
    Ann-Marie (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful monochrome card and gorgeous image beautifully coloured love the purple and great B.paper
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card and cooling, thanks for joining in Colour crazy craft challenge, good luck with your entry, hugs Lynsey DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glenda she is absolutely gorgeous, I LOVE the colour!

    ReplyDelete