Followers

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Snowman with Holly



This image is the digital coloured version of an image from Beccy's Place called 'Snowman with Holly'. I coloured over the scarf and one of the buttons with markers as I wanted a slightly different colour. This is a great image and a very easy card to make. I'm into easy  as I am still in catch up mode trying to enter the week long challenges over a Bugaboo. This one is for Sunday and the challenge is a sketch challenge: see here for all the details!

Note:
  •  I created the background with Stampin Up's Blue Bayou ink and a small sponge.
  • Using a home made template I inked the snow hills in with the sponge 
Card Details:
Stamp: Beccy's Place 'Snowman with Holly'   coloured version- was a freebie when I obtained it.
Paper: Stampin Up whisper white, not quite  navy
Medium: Prismacolor Markers and Stampin Up's Blue Bayou ink
Die Cuts: Spellbinders Shapeabilities 'Create a Flake Two'
Punch: Martha Stewart corner snowflake  for the small snowflake in the center of the largest flake
Embossing Folder: Snowflakes by Cuttlebug (Provo Craft)

Challenges:
1. Catch the Bug- Christmas in July Week Long Challenges - Sunday Sketch Challenge 
2. Christmas Card All Year Round - July challenge- Use holly or poinsettia somewhere on your card.
3.Crafter's Companion:  #26 Ho-Ho-Ho Christmas
4.Creatalicious Challenge: #36 Christmas in July
5. Cupcake Craftroom: July Challenge- Layers  counting the matting and the two snowflakes I have eight
6.Lia Stamps:#21 Anything Goes
7.Mema's Crafts: July Challenge- Anything Goes
 .

15 comments:

  1. The embossed background combined with those lovely snowflakes is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the snowy background you sponged in Glenda, it really looks fabulous! Great job on colouring the image too.
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Glenda, the image is adorable and yout embossing is fabulous

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Glenda. How cute is that image and the design of your card is perfect. I just love the embossing and layering.
    Happy crafting.
    With love, Sandra xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this snowman and that fantastic embossed background, Glenda! Really excited to see you playing this week at Catch the Bug. :-D Perfect take on the sketch, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The snowman is adorable and I like the embossing. Thank you so much for joining us at Mema's Crafts and I hope to see you more often sharing your talent. Good Luck

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it Glenda, I really like that image (has he been on a diet lol??) and the way you have done the card is perfect! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how you did the background Glenda, I'm so jealous you have time to play, lol! Love your colours.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is just gorgeous Glenda,love the colours and your design is beautiful, love the hills. Thanks for joining in the fun over at Catch the Bug.
    Hugs Linda

    ReplyDelete
  10. OH how cute! Love your project thanks so much for helping to make our CIJ celebration a huge success at Catch the Bug!

    ReplyDelete
  11. great card. thanks for joining us @ CCAYR. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Another great card Glenda! I love the embossed background with the snowflakes. I'm thinking what Susan is thinking...is this snowman on a diet? lol

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glenda,
    What a delightful holiday card (or any occasion really !) I love the embossed snowflake paper and the added snowflake embellishments too. A super cute card! Thank you for playing at Lia Stampz for our "Anything Goes" challenge.
    Hugs,
    Georgia

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dear Glenda a stunning card the layers are wondeful; I love the snowman! Vee xx

    ReplyDelete