Followers

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Our 25th

My DH and I celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary a while back and I am just now posting the card!!   Through those  25 years we have had our ups and downs, things were not always the way they should be, or they way we planned, but it has been a journey well worth the travelling. We remain  the best of friends and our love is strong.  
I made the card to give to  my hubby and as he has been the handy man supreme (lucked in on that one) and I'm the one who putters in the garden I decorated his side of the card with the tools  and put the  flower on my side:)
I choose Bugaboo's Gus and Stella for the card and the verse which comes with the stamp set 'I love being married. It's great to find that one special person you can annoy for the rest of your life!' for the inside of the card. He had a good laugh with that one !

The two best thing ( after my hubby) that ever came out of  my marriage is # 1 - my son, and #2 the other family - his children/grandchildren. I have been truly blessed.


Card Details:
Stamp: Bugaboo digital 'Stella One Person to Annoy" stamp set.   The hammer and wrench are from??
Sentiment: Computer generated.
Medium: Prismacolor markers
Punches: Marvy Uchida daisy flower punches - 1" for the bottom layer and 1/2" for the top; Martha Stewart punch for the branches.
Other: brads,pearls,twine, crystal effects (Stella's glasses)
Die Cuts:  Spellbinders Nestabilities  Reverse Wonky Rectangles

Challenges:
1.. Catch the Bug:February Challenge; Anything Goes
2. Crop Stop: #57  Can you hear the bells ringing - - wedding or anniversary
3. Crafting for all Seasons: #20 Love is in the Air
4. Delightful Challenges ; Weekly Challenge - LOVE
5. Do You Stack Up: DYSU #58 Love
6.Sarah Hurley Challenge Blog:59:  Love is all around
7.SJ Crafts: The 1st Monthly Challenge: Happy and use a Punch
8.Digistamp4Joy:#36 Do it for Love
9.Diva's By Design: 21 Love is in the Air
10. Fab 'n' funky Challenges:#107 Love is in the Air  

31 comments:

  1. First of all biggest congratulations on your silver wedding anniversary! Your card is so funny I love those images and the sentiment is a hoot!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card, thanx for joining us at Digistamps4joy, and good luck.

    Caz DS4J DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Huge congrats! That's a long time married!
    Your card is fab, love the layout and the colours you chose!
    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Glanda, love your card it's very comical,bet your Husband loved it.

    Hugs Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your card Glenda and congratulations.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your 25th Years!! I love this fun card!! Thanks for joining in our first challenge at S J Crafts Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This just totally made me smile. Such a great, fun anniversary card! Thank you for joining Crop Stop Challenge Blog this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun card! Great design. Thanks for playing along with our CropStop Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh gosh I love the image! Fabulous card! Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

    -Wenche

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE that Bugaboo set and the sentiment is soooo perfect! The tools look great on hubby's side with the flower on yours. IRL the colours just pop they are fantastic together!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card just love the image you used - made me smile! thanks for joining in with SJ Crafts challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this card!! I love the colors and embellies, but the image and verse are awesome!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great card I love bugaboo images such fun. Congrats on your anniversary and thanks for joining us at S J Crafts this month.
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  14. love Stella and Gus! great coloring and love the trinkets! thank you for playing our Anything Goes challenge at Catch the bug!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Loving all the details on this card. The sentiment mats and layers are cool too - different to my usual rectangular ones. Thank you so much for joining in with our Anything Goes challenge this month at Catch The Bug. This open challenge really is a great way to see lots of different styles and techniques – always an inspiration.
    TFS
    Paul
    Crafty Blogocks
    DT Member for Catch The Bug

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy belated Anniversary!! I love Stella and Gus and what a great sentiment for your card (need to remember that one). I love the colors you used and the way you personalized your card.
    hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Super fun card, thanks for sharing at Fab‘n’Funky this week.

    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Glenda, what a fun card for your hubby, a sense of humor is always good and probably one of the main ingredients to a long marriage. Belated congratulations on your 25th Wedding Anniversary, may you celebrate many more happy, healthy, fun years together! Love the tools, great touch!

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  19. I adore Bugaboo Stamps, these images are to be served to someone special and with a great sense of humor. Love your coloring and great detailing with your embellishments. Thanks for joining us at CropStop this week.

    Hugs.
    Calypso

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love this sentiment that goes with Gus and Stella...makes me chuckle. Love the loving "bite" it has LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fabulous card...
    Thanks for joining us at Sarah Hurley's Challenge Blog.
    Emma x

    ReplyDelete
  22. The card is wonderful and the image is gorgeous. You have used the most complimentary back papers as well.

    Thank you for joining us this week at Fab 'n' Funky Challenge and good luck.

    Anne-Marie x x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Now this is a card. I love it.
    Thank you for playing along in our CropStop Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love this image Glenda, I used it for my Husbands aniversary card too!
    Thanks for sharing it with the Diva's this week and good luck with the challenge
    Laurie x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh this card is just too cute! Thank you for joining us at Digital Challenges this week!

    Chriss

    www.chrissandlou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Ha ha brilliant image, love it. Thanks for joining the challenge with Sarah Hurley.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I soooo love that stamped image that you used!!! What a fun card! Thanks for playing with us at Cropstop!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Fabulous sentiment and occasion! Love that little picture too. Thanks for joining us over at SJ Crafts.

    ReplyDelete
  29. This is fab Glenda! I love this image and sentiment!
    Thanks for joining us at Ooh La La :)
    Lizy DT x

    ReplyDelete
  30. This card made me laugh. Very cute.
    Come add your creativity to our challenge blog and win a freebie.
    http://digidarlas.blogspot.com
    xxx~DigiDarla

    ReplyDelete
  31. How adorable! I'm sure your hubby loved it. Congratulations on 25 years!! I hope to be able to say the same some day with my hubby. =D

    Thank you for playing along with us at Digistamps 4 Joy!

    xx Star

    ReplyDelete