Followers

Monday, November 26, 2018

Crafty Cardmakers Challenge #223 Anything but a Card




Welcome to a new Challenge at Crafty Cardmakers! Angela is hosting the challenge and the theme (and one of my favourites) is  'Anything But A Card'. Therefore, with this challenge anything you enter is fine, scrap layout, mixed media piece, or some home decor, as long as it is not a card!

I chose to make a little notepad holder. I have a  creative friend who gave me a couple of  notepad holders a while back and I quite loved them.  She came for a visit in October (we live in different cities)  and showed me how she had made hers. I  decided to make one myself to give as a small Christmas gift to another friend. and this is the one I made.    

The notepad  I purchased at the Dollar Store, the solid cardstock is Stampin' Up's and the designer paper is from a paper pack I bought at Michaels. I used Spellbinders scalloped circle dies for the closure and punched out a small 1/2 circle to finish it off.   Two magnets hold the notepad together.

10 comments:

  1. Wow, Glenda! This is absolutely gorgeous! I love the color and the great designer paper. Are there instructions someplace? I'd love to make some of these. Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Donna I found this tutorial which appears to be very similar to the one I made.
      https://www.pinterest.ca/pin/464504149041874830/
      Hope this helps

      Delete
  2. Beautiful Glenda. Gorgeous colours and a very stylish finish. Happy crafting, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely stunning Glenda! I love the rich colour and the design is fabulous! Would love to make holders like this for stocking fillers! Thank you for the link, going to check it out!! Have a great day! hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's absolutely gorgeous, Glenda! I love the purple (my fav) and would be delighted to have this resting on my desk where I could jot quick notes. It certainly would get lost as many of my little note pads do. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my this is adorable. What a wonderful way to dress up a notepad and a great gift idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely note holder - love the purples and that pretty patterned paper!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE my notepad holder Glenda, thank you so much its gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wowwww!!! Sweetie... I just love this beautiful notepad holder..Thanks so much for sharing this wonderful creation...I would love to make it for my hubby in steampunk style...xoxoxoxo

    Hugs
    Dr Monika Shukla
    UrooCreations

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW this is a fabulous notebook holder love the colour and embossing--off to check out the link
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete