Followers

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

LEJ Designs- Something New


I have loved this image since I first saw it, there is something about Ellen  that I find intriguing, she is that everyday kind of girl living a life somewhat better than most of us  and with a bit more  glamour judging by her 'cool' outfit, I'm sure the boxes are full of all kinds of fashionable clothes, shoes  and trinket  OR if she is more like me, than full of crafting goodies and designer paper:O)

New Challenge this week  at  LEJ Designs and the theme is 'Something New'  see here for the details: LEJ Designs Challenge Blog  The image is brand new to me and the card is celebrating the new year, a double whammy new:O)

The digi jackpot for using a LEJ Designs digital  image is 1 free digi
The first randomly drawn name  will win four digis of their choice from  LEJ Designs
The second randomly drawn name will win 50 assorted charms:

Stamp: LEJ Designs  'EllenShopping'   
Sentiment : Stampin UP Holiday & Wishes (New Years) and computer generated for the resolutions
Colour Medium: Prismacolor Markers, Copic for the flesh tones
Die Cuts:  Marianne Designs for the flourish:,Spellbinders Nestabilities ovals & circles, deckled rectangles; Memory Box 'Tilth Floral'  
Cardstock - Stampin ' UP, DP from stash
Flower  -Michaels
Punch: MS corner snowflake

Challenges:
1. 613 Avenue Create: Anything Goes
2.  Dream Valley Challenges: #48 Anything Goes
3. Robyns Fetish: #141 Anything Goes
4.  A Gem of a Challenge: New beginnings
5  My Time to Craft: #203  All About the New
6 . Crafty Calendar - whats New
7 . Catch the Bug: Jan Anything Goes
8.  Lady Anne's Challenge: Sentiment- Anything Goes
9.  Fat Pages & Cards with Attitude: #30 Anything Goes/Celebrations
10.  Stampin with the Dragon: Anything Goes






25 comments:

  1. Fabulous card Glenda gorgeous,s image, I think those box's are full of designer clothes !! Lol

    Hugs K
    Julie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card...fabulous image and colours.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Glenda....I wish I looked that relaxed when shopping! I think she has boxes & bags full of lovely crafty stash!
    Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Glenda, a fabulous card, ( I used the same image, she is great isn't she)
    I love what you have created and the colours are super
    Thank you for all the lovely comments you have left on my blog during 2012

    All the best for 2013
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is a fashionesta for sure! Love the sentiment, great New Years Card, Glenda!

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahh ha ha ha -- fabulous sentiment! Love your color combo, Glenda, and that dp is superb. Wonderful coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I got the biggest chuckle out of your card and what you said....and all so true. I see you listed the dies you used, but I'm not sure about the swirls or open outline of a type of flower behind the sentiment and on the top and bottom of the oval with image of Ellen. Can you tell me what you used...love it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The open outline's are Memory Box - Tilth Floral - isn't it amazing! I bought the die for my friends Christmas Present but just had to try it before it got wrapped - sorry Dawn- could not control myself and I had a hard time giving it up - only used it once but I was in love; lol!
      Hope this answers your question Cely!

      Delete
  8. What a fun card! Her New Years Resolution sounds like me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the sentiment. What a fun die, such a happy card. Great job. joann sassy raggedy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! What a great card, Glenda! Love the background paper and the sentiment is fabulous! And oh so true, unfortunately. Great fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great card. I could use a new wardrobe, but I don't know about staying on budget! Thanks for playing at Catch The Bug.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is awesome!! I love the DP and die cuts, but that sentiment is hysterical!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great card, Glenda! The sentiment is just so funny and so true and the image is beautifully colored! Great work! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love everything about the card. Fabulous job! Thanks for playing in our neighborhood at 613 Avenue Create.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a cute card & sounds like EVERY woman I know... Wonderfully colored & LOVE the sentiment.
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love it Glenda! Love the colors, the image, the sentiment...all of it! Thanks for sharing your lovely creation at the Catch the Bug challenge this week. Good luck and please do join us again.
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great shopping card and beautifully colored. Awe, so cute and adorable, simply a sweet card. Thanks for playing in our neighborhood at 613 Avenue Create. We look forward to seeing you again.
    Hugs
    Berni,DT
    613AvenueCreate.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fabulous girlfriend card Glenda! I just love that sentiment and how true is it!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Glenda this is just gorgeous. Love the colours, design and sentiment. Thanks for sharing your talent with us. Good luck.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Lady Anne’s Paper Crafts DT Member}
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ha ha this is a fabulous card, love the image and your layout. Thanks for joining us this month at Crafty Calendar Challenges & this week at My Time To Craft.
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fabulous card...Wonderful statement. Thank you for joining us at AGOAC.
    Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  22. hahaha love this! Happy New Year to you Glenda!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely card :) thanks for joining A Gem Of A Challenge...
    Hugs Ria

    ReplyDelete