Followers

Friday, June 24, 2011

Summer Day Shy Bear

Well summer 2011 is here after a very wet spring and one horrible winter:) Here is my card  and a picture of my back yard to celebrate it. It was a long time coming..Two robins's had just finished taking a bath and I was trying to capture the moment. Not being that great of a photographer I missed it (did not even come close lol). My garden gets really  lovely around September, just before the frost. So basically I get 3 1/2 months to putter away before fall clean up. I do love those 3 1/2  (sometime 4)  months.

Card details. I used a Shy Bear digital stamp from Squigglefly called  'Bouquet Bear'. I love shy bears and can't believe I have not made a card  with them for quite a long time.
Die Cuts: Spellbinders Nestabilities 'Lacy Squares',  'Inverted  Squares'
Punches:SU 'Beautiful Wings' for the butterflies, Martha Stewart branch  punch and various daisy punches from Fiskars and Marvy for the flower
Medium: Prismacolor markers

Challenges entered:
Sundays with Crissy: challenge #18 Here Comes the Sun.
Squigglefly:SFC#103 Playing Favorites (shy bear in my case)
Everybody Art Challenge #147 anything goes
Simply Create:#46 Fly with Us
Totally Gorjuss: #84 Flower Power
Whoopsi Daisy:  Pile on the Flowers
Papertake Weekly: here comes the sun
Bearly Mine:#13  summer is here
Bee Crafty (june)  summers here

17 comments:

  1. How cute. Love those warm summer colors with this guy. Your garden is beautiful too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Glenda your garden is so beautiful. I had been to Canada with my parents when I was 8 years old and only remember the snow as we had gone in winter. Your garden is so gorgeous. Just the picture of it can be made into a card! May be you can layer it like a pyramage card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi sweetie, this is gorgeous love your colours, thanks for playing at Sunday's with Crissy this time, hugs pops x

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow beautiful card glenda as always ,perfectly coloured and embellished
    congrats on your win at
    http://doitwithdigis.blogspot.com/
    with your dt card from lexis ....it sure is a stunner
    tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  5. AWW!! Glenda, your card is precious!! I adore the Shy Bear images too!! Beautiful coloring and design hun!! LOVE your garden photo!! Thanks for sharing that!! Such a beautiful creation!! Thanks so much for joining us at the Squigglefly Challenge this week! Smiles, *Vicki* ~ Squigglefly Team Leader

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable card...and great backyard...tfs...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE shybears and the photo does not do the card justice! After seeing it IRL wow, its so gorgeous! I love how you did the inverted scallop square inside the largest scallop square! LOVE it Glenda!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, this little shy bear is just adorable and you have done an AMAZING job coloring him. I love all the additional elements you have chosen. Thanks so much for playing at WHOOPSI DAISY challenge this week. Hugs:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautifull card with an adorable image too and love your back garden Luv Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very sweet! Lovely colors for a summer card. Thanks for playing with us over at Bearly Mine this time.
    Love n hugs
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is soooo adorable. Thanks for sharing with us at WhoopsiDaisy. Hugs...Mona

    ReplyDelete
  12. How sweet! Love how you used the dies!

    ReplyDelete
  13. what a sweet and gorgeous card!!! love the colors, thanks for joining SF!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Glenda, I love the color combination you used. Your layout is so pretty, and I love the flower you have in the upper right corner! Thanks for playing in Squigglefly's challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow glenda this is very very cute!!! These shy bears make me feel so warm and fuzzy when I see a card with them:) Love the combo of SB you used~~stunning look!!! Thanks for joining us at Sunday's with Crissy!!!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful cards...such cute images...thanks for joining us this week at BMC…..

    Hugs
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  17. Stunning card.What a Beautiful garden you have,can just see you out there card making.xx

    ReplyDelete