Followers

Monday, March 13, 2017

Sisters

Sisters birthday  

Crafty Cardmakers Challenge #184 For a Special Woman, Girl or Mother's Day  
Sally is hosting the challenge today, and the theme is For a Special Woman/Girl or Mother's Day as it's Mothering Sunday on 26th March if you are in the UK, 

We would like to see your cards for that Special Female in your life. and it would be nice if you shared with us who your creation is for.

As usual anything you care to enter is fine, a card, scrap layout, mixed media piece, some home decor, as long as it's for a Special Female.
Please remember our 15 total challenge rule!



Stamp: Digital two for Tuesday I made this card for my sister's birthday  as the image  reminded me of a picture I have from our childhood of us holding hands.  The dresses do not  align  as we are not quite that old (had to get that in haha). More from my mothers time I think.  My elder sister, what would I do without her, She has been such a rock, always there for me, helping me, holding my hand in time of troubles, celebrating my  special days etc.
 Special Indeed!.

The die cuts are from my stamping buddies treasure cove and I don't know the name or brands. The large ovals are Spellbinders for sure.

Challenges
1. Allsorts Challenge: Week 406 - Ladies and Girls
2. Crafty Calendar March Challenge  Mum's Day or Special Female
3. Crafting with Friends #38 Anything Goes
4. Creative Corner Challenge:  'Girly Fun"
5. Jo's Scrap Shack: Fun Day Friday Challenge #179 ATG
6. Simply Papercraft:  Challenge 44 Anything Goes
7.  Crafting with an Attitude: #25 Anything Goes
8. Crafty Girls Challenge #34 Anything Goes
9. Crafty Gals Corner: #113 Polka Dots and/or Stripes

17 comments:

  1. What a wonderful card to celebrate sisterhood! I know your sister will appreciate this, especially since it connects to a special photo--even in if the fashion is a bit off. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Jo's Scrap Shack.
    Blessings,
    Christine
    DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely card and even lovelier thoughts about your sister. I'm so happy I have two girls (not having a sister myself) and watching those two bond is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, wonderful image, colors and accents. Thank you for joining us at Jo's Scrap Shack.

    Sue - Jo's Scrap Shack DT
    http://suek86401.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a nice image and beautiful card!
    Thanks so much for playing along at Allsorts in our "Girls or Ladies" challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a wonderful image, Glenda. And so beautifully colored. You've done a great job of making it look like a vintage photo. Love all the little extras you've added. Your sister will love it, I'm sure! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a wonderful card to celebrate the sister you have described so beautifully. I really like the image and your card design.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful image and lovely card. Judy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely beautiful card Glenda I love this image(just reminded me I have this too)love the monochrome and beautiful dies
    Carol x
    ---Thank you for joining us at Crafting With Friends
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a pretty card love the image you have used it's gorgeous and thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Calendar Challenge hugs Sue J xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Glenda. Thanks for your lovely comment about my cards, you're very kind. I have to say your card is gorgeous, they are such pretty images. Have a lovely week, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Glenda

    I love this card, it reminds me of a photograph of my mother and her sister

    Happy crafting

    June x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely card. Adorable image.
    Thank you for sharing at Allsorts challenge this week and good luck x Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful card!!! Love the sweet image! Thank you so much for playing along at Jo's Scrap Shack in our Funday Friday challenge! Have a great day!
    Hugs,
    Jo-owner
    ♥ Jo's Scrap Shack ♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a lovely creation. Thank you for joining us at Allsorts this week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome design. It's unique card.
    Thank you for sharing with us Crafting with an attitude.
    BozenA DT CWAA

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely card Glenda, reminds me of my sisters too.
    Hugs Kimx

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love this card, the two girls are so sweet and the flower border is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete